Saturday, November 18, 2017 • 1:00 – 5:00pm
Learn about dinosaurs straight from the experts!
Join us for a symposium of dinosaurs, with back-to-back mini-lectures from nine prolific palaeontologists, including the legendary Dr. Philip Currie! A broad range of topics will be explored, including a closer look at the local Pachyrhinosaurus and recent dinosaur discoveries in British Columbia. Dinosaur enthusiasts of all interest levels won’t want to miss this chance to hear the latest findings of an all-star expert line-up!
Admission to the event is free of charge!
• 1:00pm – Welcome & Introductory Remarks
• 1:10pm – Dr. Eva Koppelhus – Palaeontological Expeditions to Western Greenland in 2014 and 2017
• 1:30pm – Rebekah Vice – A Gap in Horned Dinosaur Research: The Importance of Postcranial Anatomy in Pachyrhinosaurus
• 1:50pm – Break & Refreshments
• 2:05pm – Derek Larson – The Evolution of Diet in “Meat-Eating” Dinosaurs
• 2:25pm – Dr. Rich McCrea – Recent Discoveries of Fossil Vertebrates from Northeastern British Columbia
• 2:45pm – Dr. Matt Vavrek – Turtle Biogeography and Late Cretaceous Climate of Northern Alberta
• 3:05pm – Break & Refreshments
• 3:20pm – Dr. Corwin Sullivan – Exploring the Cretaceous in the Grande Prairie Region
• 3:40pm – Dr. Lisa Buckley – Tracking Cretaceous Birds in Western Canada: History and New Discoveries
• 4:00pm – Dr. Murray Gingras – Unusual Sedimentary Structures Provide Evidence of Walrus Herds in Coastal Washington, USA
• 4:20pm – Dr. Philip Currie – New Information About the Quintessential ‘Raptor’ of Alberta, Saurornitholestes langstoni
• 4:50pm – Closing Remarks & Thanks
• 5:00pm – Refreshments
Attendance is free, but seating is limited. Reserve your seat by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 587-771-0662.
Donations are appreciated.