Join us on a tour along Pipestone Creek and discover the area’s stunning natural history, both modern and prehistoric. Learn about the palaeontology of the Peace Region, using the latest scientific understanding, scientific illustrations and real fossils to discover the plants and animals present 73 million years ago. Enjoy and appreciate the natural beauty of the Pipestone Creek valley and learn how it compares to prehistory in this hour-long 1.5 km hike.
TOUR DATES & COST
Fossils, Floods and Footprints Tours run from June 20th to September 5th. They are offered at 12:30pm and 2pm from Wednesday to Sunday. Fossils, Floods and Footprints Tours cost $7.35 per person.
WHAT TO BRING
- Hiking shoes
- Bug spray
Registration for the Fossils, Floods and Footprints Tour is online only!
- Visitors must arrange their own transportation to and from Pipestone Creek Campground
- Children under the age of 14 must be accompanied by an adult
- Safety waivers must be signed by all participants
- Due to the possible presence of wild animals, food and drink (other than water) are not allowed
- There are no washrooms available once the walk has begun; please plan accordingly
- Tours are weather-dependent, and may be cancelled in the event of adverse conditions