River of Death and Discovery Dinosaur Museum Society
The River of Death and Discovery Dinosaur Museum Society (RDDDM) Society is a not-for-profit society formed in 2010 by the County of Grande Prairie No. 1. The Society was created to develop the dinosaur bonebeds in the region and to design, fund, build and operate a dinosaur museum on a 10-acre parcel of land located near Wembley, Alberta. The museum facility, scheduled to open Fall 2015, will be a world-class centre of learning, discovery and science.
Board of the River of Death and Discovery Dinosaur Museum Society
- Tim Powell, Chairman
- Gary Hessler, Vice-Chairman
- Loretta Lieverse, Treasurer
- Kevin O’Toole, Secretary
- Tim Bayly
- Peter Harris
- Tyler Keddie
- Paul Pynn
- Ross Sutherland
- Penny Rose
- Linda Side
- Peter Meyerhoffer
Key Society Documents
Society Bylaws (Coming Soon)
Objects of the Society
- To establish a dinosaur museum in the County of Grande Prairie, Alberta.
- To provide an educational resource and learning centre to promote an understanding of palaeontology, geology, archeology and particularly to promote an understanding of palaeontology, geology and archeology within the County of Grande Prairie, Alberta.
- To promote scientific research specific to dinosaur bone beds and other palaeontology resources in the county of Grande Prairie.
- To preserve and protect palaeontological resources as historical resources for future generations.
- To acquire lands, by purchase or otherwise, erect or otherwise provide a building or buildings for the purposes of a museum and educational and research facility.
- To provide all necessary equipment and furniture for carrying out its various objects.
- To sell, manage, lease, mortgage or dispose of or otherwise deal with the property of the Society.