Need a ride to the museum?
Beginning Saturday, June 24, 2017, the dino bus will provide transportation between the museum and Grande Prairie on Saturdays and Sundays for the duration of the summer in an effort to facilitate visitors who might otherwise not have an opportunity to make the trip.
Cost (Round Trip)
• Grande Prairie (Centre 2000) ↔ Philip J. Currie Dinosaur Museum: $5 per person
• Philip J. Currie Dinosaur Museum ↔ Pipestone Creek bonebed: $10 per person (price includes guided bonebed tour)
• Usage of the dino bus is intended for round-trip passengers. One-way service is conditional on available seating and cannot be guaranteed.
• The bus only runs on Saturdays and Sundays.
• Due to limited seating, passengers are required to ride on the corresponding return trip as marked on their tickets. For example, passengers boarding in Grande Prairie at 9:45am must return on the bus leaving the museum at 1:30pm or risk forfeiting their return seat. The museum cannot guarantee seating availability on other return times. (Corresponding buses are colour-coded in the schedule below.)
• Bus usage is based on a first-come-first-served basis. Seats cannot be reserved in advance.
• Payment for the bus between Grande Prairie and the museum is required upfront in cash at the time of boarding.
• Payment for bonebed tours and transport must be made at the museum’s front desk prior to boarding. There will be time for passengers arriving on the bus in the morning to enter the museum and purchase a bonebed tour ticket before the bus departs for Pipestone Creek. Bonebed tour tickets may be purchased in advance.
• Note: Unfortunately, the dino bus is not currently wheelchair accessible. We apologize for any inconvenience.
|Centre 2000, Grande Prairie||9:45am||10:15am||Philip J. Currie Dinosaur Museum|
|Philip J. Currie Dinosaur Museum||10:30am||10:45am||Pipestone Creek bonebed|
|Pipestone Creek bonebed||12:30pm||12:45pm||Philip J. Currie Dinosaur Museum|
|Philip J. Currie Dinosaur Museum||1:30pm||2:00pm||Centre 2000, Grande Prairie|
|Centre 2000, Grande Prairie||2:00pm||2:30pm||Philip J. Currie Dinosaur Museum|
|Philip J. Currie Dinosaur Museum||5:00pm||5:30pm||Centre 2000, Grande Prairie|