Explore one of the densest dinosaur fossil sites in the world!
Our interpretive tours of the nearby Pipestone Creek bonebed will take you out of the museum and straight to the fossils! Learn about the amazing discovery that cemented the Peace Region as a vital dinosaur destination and then explore the area yourself. Who knows? You might uncover the next palaeontological breakthrough!
• Bus Tours: $10 per person; price includes round-trip shuttle bus departing from the museum
• Walking Tours: $5 per person; visitors must arrange their own transportation to and from Pipestone Creek
• Bonebed tours – both walking and bus tours – include a walk of approximately 2.5km
• Children under the age of 14 must be accompanied by an adult
• Safety waivers must be signed by all participants
• Due to the possible presence of wild animals, food and drink (other than water) are not allowed
• There are no washrooms available once the walk has begun; please plan accordingly
• Tours are limited to a maximum of 20 attendees per bus tour and 25 attendees per walking tour
• Registration and fees must be paid prior to the tour starting
• Registration and payment may be made in person at the front desk, or (for walking tours only) at Pipestone Creek
• Fees paid at Pipestone Creek must be paid in cash; cards, cheques, etc. will not be accepted
• Tours are weather-dependent, and may be cancelled in the event of adverse conditions
What to Bring
• Hiking shoes
• Bug spray
We provide guided tours of the bonebed every Saturday and Sunday for the duration of July and August based on the timetable below.
*NOTE: Sunday Walking Tours are only available on the following dates: June 25, July 2, and August 6.
|Day||Starting Time||Tour Type||Cost Per Person|